Saturday, March 14, 2009

Foods I used to Hate!!!

I was pondering the other day foods I refused to eat before becoming a vegetarian, and was surprised at how much my tastes have changed.

1.Black Beans: Hated the smell, taste and texture! Though some of that hatred could stem from having dumped a whole cambro upon myself when I was serving at Chili's. You think? Now however I adore them and eat them frequently.

2. Hummus: I just thought it looked and smelled funny, till I tasted it and then it was another story.

3. Bell Peppers:This I cannot fathom!! I still don't know where I began that hatred. Now I have them on hand at all times.

4.Soy Milk: Let me explain that when I was a child, my mother had us using soy milk and I hated it. Then again this was during the late 80's early 90's before soy milk had been nearly perfected.

Now I have realized the error of my ways and enjoy all of the above foods on a regular basis. And continue too experiment. I think becoming vegetarian expands your mind and taste buds as well. Anyone else have foods they hated and now love?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate most veegies before going veg. I never ever would have touched eggplant. Now I just have to figure out the trick to cooking it

Bianca said...

I cannot imagine you hating hummus! You gobbled that shit right up the last time you came to an outing...btw, I think you, Steph, and I need to schedule a Pita Wraps date soon. Seriously.