Sunday, February 15, 2009

Nice Surprise



Since Joey and I eloped so close to Valentine's day, we don't generally buy in to all of the hype. I mean, do people actually know the real story behind the holiday? It has basically become a commercial extravaganza. I mean depending on which history story you rest your opinions upon, it's not all romantic. I am of the opinion that it is rather lame if you need one day of the year to show people how much you care for them.



Since we have been married for eleven years now, I figured I would surprise Joey with a nice Valentine's dinner to change things up. He asked me to wait, because he wanted to cook for me. I was a little put off, since I had picked up the ingredients already, but agreed so as not to be rude.


Boy, did he ever surprise me!! He sleeps during the day since he has an overnight shift. I woke up, fixed some coffee and looked up to find a box of candy and a card. I may be a nonconformist, but I am a sucker for cards!!! I pick the card up to discover a jewelry box hidden beneath the card.




Now he knows that I dislike typical jewelry and pendants, so he got me a black diamond heart pendant!! I have never been a big gem person, but black diamonds are gorgeous. And then he prepared me some great grilled portabellas and a baked potato. I'm cooking his valentine's dinner later this week, and not complaining about not preparing it on Valentine's day!!

No comments: