Saturday, February 28, 2009

Scrumptious Scones

I had finally began to quit the left-over from the cold coughing, while the weather was nice and warm, just to be surrounded by a thick blanket of snow. Though I am not complaining, it is so beautiful! And something we don't see so deep that often.

I had purchased a bag of pumpkin scone mix at an extremely great price at World Market, during their going out of business sale. (Sniff-sniff, I LOVE that place)And thought that hot coffee and a scone sounded really good to awaken to tomorrow. I prefer everything from scratch, but still recovering, I didn't mind a mix so much.



I absolutely adore crystallized ginger and add it to almost anything dessert wise, or those in which ginger is a great complement. And yes I confess, I hate to just make a dull mix. I always have to add my own touches. So I diced up about 3 TBS. and threw it in along with some fresh nutmeg.
Though it's not the neatest looking picture, below is the dough pre-cutting.

Post-cutting and pre-baking.


Finished product, on the upper portion, you can actually see the chunks of the diced ginger. I just sprinkled a little confectioners sugar for tonight, and had to sample one just to make sure it didn't taste shit. And it didn't. I might glaze them later, but have not decided yet. I like the texture and I love the kick to the taste buds from the ginger, but I will know if I like them if it blends well with the coffee. =)








No comments: