Thursday, September 18, 2008

Apple Pie

As a child of 3-4 I absolutely adored my Papa's homemade apple pie. To this day I still remember the incredible way his house would smell after a day of baking. And I cannot find a taste to rival his. Not that I honestly think I ever will. But I figured I would try to come as close as possible. I felt like a kid playing with the pie dough, and had so much fun making this.

Now I know it is not a picture perfect pie, especially since I had to pull a Frankenstein on part of the upper crust, but it was still tasty. Though not Papa's!! Pictured is the pie, then below it is the inside. It was just your basic southern apple pie recipe, just with vegan margarine.



2 comments:

Bianca said...

Damn, I need some pie! Isn't it fun trying recreate old family recipes?

jessy said...

sweet fantastical yummies - that looks SO GOOD! now i want pie! ahahahahahahaa! yay! :D