Saturday, December 6, 2008

So Much To Catch Up On!!!!

A taste of things to come(rather be posted!). Pictured below is my new favorite dessert. Pumpkin bars that I watched Paula Deen create, after I fast forwarded past all of the nasty meat parts. These were indescribably good!! I tweaked it just slightly, and I know that it will be so easy to veganize. I am planning on trying it very soon. Joey, who despises pumpkin, ate almost half of the batch and has asked me to make It as a two layer cake. Almost eleven years now that I have been trying to encourage more pumpkin in his diet, and finally success!!!



Bars:

4 eggs

1 2/3 cups granulated sugar

1 cup vegetable oil (I subbed 1/2 applesauce 1/2 canola oil.)

15-ounce can pumpkin

2 cups sifted all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (1/2 tsp extra)

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda
(1 tsp. of vanilla extract)

(I am thinking nuts, and maybe some rum soaked raisins in a future batch)





Icing:8-ounce package cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract



Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.


To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.





This Bean Curd soup has become my favorite cheap take-out meal!! I am trying to duplicate the recipe, it's just water flavored with the vegetables and tofu according to the chef. So tasty with the crispy noodles!!




I have plenty of things to post so keep reading.

2 comments:

Bianca said...

Where's the bean curd soup from? I want some! And I love that Paula Deen. I just think she's so precious. My mom and I went to see her talk in Tunica a few months ago.

Brad and Ahnah said...

The bean curd soup is from a little hole in the wall place called the China Wok in Horn Lake. And highly addictive!!!