Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Impressed

Okay, so when we had a cold snap this weekend, I decided it was time for some hot soup. I found a recipe in a magazine from 2006 called:Curried Tomato & White Bean soup. Being in an adventurous mood, I tried it out. It sounded quick and easy and yummy. Boy was I mislead!!! The recipe goes as follows:

1 cup of diced onion

1 Tbs. of vegetable oil

1 Tbs. of curry powder

3/4 tsp. of ginger

2 cans of white beans (drained and rinsed)

1 can undrained diced tomatoes

Croutons for garnish


I followed the recipe of sauteing the onions in the oil(though I used olive rather than veggie) for five minutes, than you add the seasonings, cook for a minute more, than the veggies and let it simmer for fifteen minutes. This soup was AWFUL. Way too much ginger, and very dull. I tried to save it with some salt, garlic and pepper. But could not make it past one bowl. It will be a long time before I even attempt this one(if ever) again.

P.S. Does anyone else have this recipe? My copy has been chewed on and I wanted to know if anyone else knows anything I missed?


1 comment:

jessy said...

oh no! sorry the recipe was disappointing! i bet if you tweak it up a bunch the next time it'll be much better - sorry it was super gingery! eek!

stay warm! :)