Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Portabella Fajitas


Sometimes I crave something hot and spicy, (like me!!!!) and these portabella fajitas did the trick. I chopped up lots of bell peppers, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms(I like mixing different types.) and some tomato, added some Mexican seasoning in a big skillet and let them saute while I prepared the portabellas. I drizzled olive oil and some taco seasoning on both sides and broiled them for a few minutes on each side. I spiced up a can of a vegetarian refried beans to eat on the side. Slathered some sour cream on flour tortillas, added some shredded cheese and chowed down. I am going to have to make these more often!

2 comments:

Bianca said...

That's an awesome idea! I always have seitan in my fajitas. But I'm trying to eat more veggies instead of only eating protein....I'll have to try this.

The Vegan SlaughterHouse said...

hell ya girl, awesome stuff. Check out my blog please!

http://veganslaughterhouse.blogspot.com/