Monday, January 5, 2009

What Are Your Favorite?

What did you add to your kitchen supplies last year, and what were the favorites?

Over the past year I added: Ove Glove, Pastry Cutter(the fork method grew old), Microplane Grater, Silicone Bake Ware, Dutch Oven, Food Processor, Rice Cooker and a Wok.

My top four are:

1. Ove' Glove:This great item actually lived up to it's reputation. Because of my tremors this is now an invaluable tool. I have less burn marks marring my hands now. Yay!!

2. Microplane Grater: Fresh nutmeg is the shit!! Not to mention the ease of zesting and the flavor of fresh Parmesan.

3. Dutch Oven: I love the ease of stove top to oven, and I have only had it a week.

4. Silicone Bake Ware:I am not sure how they will endure the test of time, but these make baking so much easier and cleaner. Popping right out, baking evenly and easier storage are just a few reasons of why these are so marvelous.

So what are yours?

1 comment:

Bianca said...

I got a KitchenAid stand mixer for Xmas, and though I haven't used it yet, I know it's my new favorite thing. As soon as I get time, I whipping up some bad ass cake.