Saturday, October 4, 2008

Vegetarian Chicken Parmesan



My husband was so happy to hear about the vegetarian diet returning to our household, that he made one of my all-time favorite dishes. While he supported me fully during my stint into veganism, he was extremely exuberant about being able to prepare his cuisine of choice: Italian. While Italian is good anyway you fix it, vegan or non, he prefers loads of unhealthy options when he's cooking. =)

He is an amazing chef any day of the week, but he is a master when it comes to Italian. I will never be able to pry the recipe from him(though I have tried in numerous ways.), so I just conceded and let him keep his secrets so long as he cooks them with some frequency.
It consists of vegetarian chicken patties, cooked to perfection, sauce which he adds all sorts of stuff too, provolone, mozzarella, Parmesan and of course pasta. He layers all of this in his own order and bakes it till we can no longer bear the smell, and a taste of heaven is within my grasp!!
P.S. The cookies below are the Snickerdoodles, and Joey snapped the pic of the chicken parm and apologizes about the picture.

1 comment:

jessy said...

hooray for the snickerdoodles! and double hooray for an awesome partner who makes some ROCK'N italian awesomeness! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!