Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fried Tofu, Surprisingly Delicious

So I know the plate presentation looks like shit, but this meal was really good. I have been trying forever to find a way to cook tofu that non-vegans would eat. I followed the recipe posted on VegWeb.com and would definately reccomend kicking up the spice and flavoring. But it was still really good, I think what made it really great texture wise was freezing the tofu pre-using it. It had a really chicken like texture to it. Pictured next to the tofu on the bottom of the plate is the mustard sauce from V'con, which is incredibly tasty. I simply roasted the veggies(potatoes, squash, onions, eggplant and tomatoes.) and steamed some Bok Choy with a ginger/sesame/mustard sauce. That's it for today. My husband fixed me a dinner of vegan BLT's and fried green tomatoes. Maybe if I can hold my hunger off for a few seconds, I will post pics of this delightfulness.

No comments: