Friday, June 20, 2008














Okay, so before I start posting pics and recipes, I thought I should explain a couple of things. I am not the best photographer at some times, due to shaky hands. So I apologize for not so great photos.








I generally prepare meals for a sufferer of Crohn's Disease, and it is a rare and great day when I discover a Vegan recipe or pre-purchased food item that he not only can digest, but actually likes! He still enjoys his seafood, which makes life incredibly interesting, most especially when it comes to cooking. That being said I am going to start with some things that pickier eaters MIGHT enjoy. (I get tired of finding recipes implying that they would fool meat-eaters, and doing no such thing!!!)






So I shall begin with pictured above are: Herb Scalloped Potatoes from Veganomicon(LOVE that cookbook.). This recipe went over really well and tasted incredible due I think to the nooch. I would suggest seasoning the layers as you go, rather than seasoning only the top. I think it would add more flavor. Pictured beside the potatoes is a mix/matched meal that was a last minute, "I have no clue what to cook", evening. It consisted of steamed brussel sprouts with a little vegan margarine and black pepper, black-eyed peas seasoned with Braggs and pepper, and a very easy italian rice recipe that I made up as I went. It basically consisted of: Jasmine rice, crushed tomatoes, onions, minced garlic fresh parsley, basil, and oregano. I will get to specific measurments of recipes, but I literally threw this together. Enjoy

No comments: