Saturday, June 28, 2008

Odds and Crazy Ends

So me and my wonderful friend decided we were going to have a night to chill out, enjoy a few drinks, and laugh our selves to tears. We had a great night relaxing and talking, then decided to crash. Which actually turned into more giggling and laughing more than I have in I don't know how long. We dozed off and I awoke with the sudden urge to bake. I know, I am insane. Five O'clock in the morning, haven't had but about twenty minutes of sleep and i'm ready to bake? WTF? When the mood strikes, it strikes. So I made the Sunny Blueberry Corn muffins from the V'con. The next time I make these, I think I will add slightly more sugar than this time. But they were still really good. The book reccomended serving warm, but I enjoyed them much more when they had cooled off.
Before we decided to crash, we had the best time hanging out and chilling, and eating. I looked around my kitchen and started laughing, seeing that somehow we had ended up with a mixed nationality snack menu. We had Asian, Mexican, and Italian. I had my first taste of incredibly tasty sushi, which she supplied. And I had made queso, stuffed olives, and the black bean dip which is pictured above. I kind of threw things in the dip that I knew go well with black beans, mixed them in the food processor and topped them with jalapeno's, fresh bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes. Turned out pretty well I thought.

2 comments:

Bianca said...

Hey! Love the blog! I'm so glad you started one. My friend Justin just started a vegetarian (not vegan) blog a few weeks ago....so that makes like 4 of us in Memphis (well, Memphis-ish for you and Steph) that we know of. I was telling Stephanie that we should totally start a club...and we could have vegan potlucks sometimes and then all blog about them...like the PPKers do.

BTW, how did you get that little post timer thing on your link list? It looks handy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that night was so much fun! And those muffins were awesome. I'm still craving the queso. You're the BEST!