Sunday, June 22, 2008



Hello all, I thought I would post several of my past vegan goodies at one time, so that I can start to get caught up with my newer recipes.

Pictured directly above are several variations on recipes from VctotW. The ones pictured with the white icing are the basic golden cupcakes with some slight variations. Upon some advice from the friend mentioned in the earlier post, who makes some of the best mouthgasms you can ever have with her decadent cakes and cookies, I tried some experimentation. Rather than souring the milk with apple cider vingera, I used lemon juice, as well as adding some more lemon juice to the mix. I also added some fresh lemon zest into the batter itself. Once they baked, there still was not enough zing to the cakes for my taste, so I brushed some lemon extract across the top as they were cooling. I myself am not a fan of overly sweet desserts, so I opted to follow the Lime Buttercream Icing recipe as opposed to icing with lemon. I added more juice and zest than the recipe called for and they turned out incredibly delicious. The second batch were the Chocolate Agave sweetened cupcakes from VctotW, with the Peanut Buttercream Icing. My only complaint was that my damn icing bag broke in the midst of icing and I had to resort to a spatula. I tested both of these recipes on non-vegans, who could not believe that they were vegan. Yay!!!

The second meal pictured was easy to prepare, so long as you don't mind chopping veggies. It was Dreena's lemon pepper tofu recipe from her blog. And while it was good, I think I will try freezing the tofu before preparing to have a chewier texture to it. I served it with fresh sliced tomatoes, cooked squash, baked eggplant and a baked potato decked out with Tofutti sour cream and vegan margarine. I know it's not exactly the most elegantly laid out or planned menu, but it was good.

And finally, last but not least, are the oh-so-good Tofu Pups made by Lightlife foods. I was never a big hot dog eater before I went vegan, because I knew what they were made of. But every now and then I would have a craving for one. These taste so good. They have the true taste of hot dogs, but without all the nasty ingredients. I was craving one so bad that I did not realize I had run out of onions and had no dill relish in the house until after I had already cooked these bad boys. So I opted for diced jalepenos and tons of mustard. I HIGHLY recommend these to anyone. My non-vegan husband tried them the following night and enjoyed them as well. I will try to keep updating my pre-blogging meals so that I can catch up and show my recent meals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cash on delivery tramadol withdrawal - reputable online pharmacy tramadol

Anonymous said...

phentermine weight loss buy phentermine cheap online no prescription - buy phentermine hcl online