Friday, August 22, 2008

Custar'd's Last Stand? Maybe Not Ha-Ha

Yeah, I know, REALLY bad play on words this time. So when I was a lot younger I used to enjoy custard pie. I have not consumed one in probably fourteen years or so...........and decided to experiment with a peach custard pie. I am waiting for it to cool, anxiously I might add. I swapped tofu for the eggs and several changes in the recipe I have. The pic above is pre-custard of course. But I thought I would show how pretty the it MIGHT look. I also have another experimental bread in the oven. I will post the results hopefully tomorrow.
And yes you are seeing double. I was wandering through the same thrift store which I had found the two larger plates of this pattern at and happened upon this two desert/tea plates!! Two whole weeks after I found their parents. I was so excited, I think it was even more thrilling to find that it only cost me sixty cents for the both of them.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Neat that you found the matching plates like way later!

Oh, and btw, I just found out that vegan dinner on the 3rd has been raised from $55 to $75 now...so I'm not totally sure I wanna pay that much. It includes wine of course, but still...$75 is a lot of money!