Saturday, August 23, 2008

No More Custard for Awhile

So the first attempt was a failure, but like all good cooks I will persevere!! The texture was almost right it just needs a little less tofu, my oven needs to quit heating up hotter on one side then the other, and I need to use something to add a little of a creamier color to the custard itself. I am thinking of using that little trick that is in Vwav with the turmeric for really golden cupcakes.


I think I might lose my sanity once the farmer's market is over. I loaded up on some goodies, some that are pictured some are not. Sorry about the crap in back, ah, the joys of a tiny kitchen. Pictured are mustard greens, red bell pepper, sweet potatoes, peaches, apples and over on the far left at the bottom is some organic basil and sage.


I also almost shouted for joy at finding some more muscadines!! I love these tiny bits of heaven. I found myself eating a lot of fresh fruit bowls last week, with these beauties fitting in nicely.




1 comment:

jessy said...

you're more brave than i am - i still fear custard! :) your farmer's market yummies look awesome (i don't know what i'll do when my market closes for the winter either) - i wish mine offered more fresh herbs 'cause yours look great! and i've never heard of muscadines - i've got some researching to do! :)