Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Found my Thrill on Blueberry Hill, Okay not Yet!

So here is the aforementioned blueberry muffin/coffee cake. With a few ingredient changes, it should be good to go. The muffin part itself has a slightly bitter aftertaste to it, I think maybe a little more sweetener and a little less baking powder. The topping is really good but I think that it needs to be thicker. I love the combination of the crunchy topping, which is just brown sugar, a little bit of oil, flour and toasted almonds. All vegan of course.

On a separate note, I had a special request for my nephews 28th birthday for the non-vegan supposedly "better than sex" cake that I used to make all of the time. Now my in-laws are a trip so they renamed the cake "close to a hand job". Either name is fine with me.(Hey!! At least I didn't have to make up a name for the in-laws like I did with my mom. Chocolate sundae cake, yeah right) But this was the first really non-vegan cake I have made since going vegan, and I thought it would be tempting because I really did used to like it. When I started putting it together and saw everything that was going into, it made me physically ill to think of how many horrid things I used to consume! Anyway, I know it sounds lame but it was almost like an epiphany. Nice to know though that I no longer taste the things that used to tempt me!!

2 comments:

VeganCowGirl said...

I love the name of your blueberry bread!!!!

Bianca said...

I remember Better Than Sex cake! I used to love that crap too. I wonder if we could veganize it....hmmm...btw, your blueberry-ness looks delicious! I love the post title. Ha!