Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Taco Salad Anyone?

Growing up around the Memphis area, I always was crazy about Pancho's restaurants. My obsession began with the cheese dip and chips and moved on to the famous Pancho's dressing. A tangy and flavorful mix of mustard, olive oil, vinegar and oregano. Sounds so simple yet I have not been able to duplicate the taste though I have tried numerous times. I found that I could still enjoy Pancho's since going vegan, the salsa and dressing are so much better than the cheese dip ever was. We had planned on going to the downtown location, just to discover that it had closed down. We ended up at Huey's which was still good, but just did not conquer the craving. I ended up picking up some of the dressing and making a huge taco salad with beans, lettuce, tomato, onions, black olives, tofutti sour cream, tortilla chips and lots of Pancho's dressing. WOW!!!!!!! Was this good!!!!!!!!!!! Settled my craving and was so yummy!! Now I just have to get some of the salsa and some chips..........................

2 comments:

jessy said...

oh, oh, oh! me, me, me! i want taco salad! damn, that looks awesome! :D

Bianca said...

OMG! My parents are Pancho's freaks! We used to have one in my hometown in Jonesboro, Ark. But it burned down when I was in high school. Now they drive to the West Memphis Pancho's at least once every two months to get their fix....next time, order the Mexican Pizza with spinach and no cheese. So good! And the dressing is the shiz too!