Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yummy Muffins

Sorry about the wrapper in the background, but I had to show the consistency of this yummy treat.
I had some bananas that were ready to be consumed, yet not enough people at home to consume them. I meandered into the kitchen, mashed the bananas and went from there. Okay, no offense to anyone but what is the deal with cookbooks putting cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in every single banana recipe? I am all about spices but not in my banana muffins. So being tired of the same problem, I said screw it and made my own. Not a big deal I know, but still more fun than following a recipe.

Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins:

1 1/4 cup of flour(I used half whole-wheat pastry and half AP flour)

3/4 cup of sugar

1 1/4 tsp of baking soda

1/4 tsp. of salt

1 cup of mashed bananas

1/2 cup of milk

1/2 cup of oil

2 tsp of vanilla extract

1-1/2 cups of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease/line a 12 dozen muffin pan. Then simply sift the dry ingredients together, making sure to leave a well in the center. Than mix all of the wet ingredients together, pour the wet into the dry, mixing just till thoroughly combined, being sure not to over mix. Add the chocolate chips and mix gently. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean(just try and avoid the chocolate chips.). Enjoy.

Now as promised, the tasty dressing I used on my pasta salad:

1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil

1/2 cup of red wine vinegar

1/2 tsp. of parsley flakes(dried or fresh)

1/2 tsp. of oregano(dried)

1/2 tsp. of basil(dried)

1/2 tsp. of onion powder(or diced up onions are really good in the salad)

1 clove of garlic minced(less if you are not a huge garlic fan, but I like to be sure the vampires don't get close unless invited.)
1/4 tsp. of salt

1/4 tsp. of sugar

Mix all ingredients together in a shallow bowl, being sure to make sure that it is fully combined. I am so bad about adding other stuff every time I make dressing, so these measurements may not be exact and I always add extra garlic.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Yea, what is up with that? Every banana bread recipe I've seen calls for cinnamon and ginger...good for you for re-inventing.

And I love the comment about vampires and the dressing. Because you gotta keep those bastards away....