Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Been under the weather lately.....

So having been under the weather for the past several days, I was unable to eat hardly anything, let alone cook. Once I began to feel better, we decided to get chinese take-out from our favorite little place, Golden Dragon, which happens to be right across the street. It's a really neat little place, there was recently an article in the DeSoto appeal about the fact that neither of the owners speak very good english, so they have gotten their 9 year old son to start taking orders and running the register. All of which he enjoys doing. And it works out well for vegans, because he can translate what is in the entree's. I opted for my favorite: Broccoli and carrots with garlic sauce and an order of spring rolls, which is filled with cabbage and shitake mushrooms. I mix up the soy sauce, hot sauce and spicy mustard for my own twist on a dipping sauce.
Once I recovered enough to feel like cooking, I was extremely excited to try out a "Teese" pizza. And.................WOW. It really tasted like the pizzas I used to make all the time. I did cheat and opted for a premade crust, but it was still good. I just purchased a rice cooker, so I will be posting some entree and baked goods pics soon.

2 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

Aww. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. So lucky that you have a tasty chinese place across the street, that food looks scrumptious. As soon as we move back to the states I'm going to start experimenting with more vegan cheeses...pizza might be the place to start.

Bianca said...

Aren't you loving the Teese?!!! Glad you feel better enough to make pizza.

And I gotta try that Golden Dragon place...since it's just down the road a bit!