Thursday, July 3, 2008

Breakfast for dinner

I do not see a reason for the heavy meal that people seem to enjoy so early in the morning: Breakfast. I sometimes wonder if people around here even know the meaning of that word. It's not that hard if you think about it. Seems like every time I turn around, you see a huge plate, piled up high with eggs, pancakes, etc. Way too early in the morning a stomach to handle that much food. Just give me a piece of fruit that early and I am good to go. Now breakfast for dinner, that's another story. A nice filling, but not to greasy meal. Pictured below are my versions of vegan breakfast for dinner.

The meal consisted of homemade baking powder biscuits, white country gravy(which took me awhile to perfect the vegan version.), Lightlife sausage, and tofu scramble. I prepared all but the tofu scramble which was a collaboration between Joey and I. I wasn't too fond of the scramble the first time I tried it, I think I was heavy handed on the spices. This time I lessened the spices, and added bell peppers, onions, jalepeno's and tomatoes all purchased from the local farmer's market. You may call me crazy(which I proudly embrace!!), but yes, that is Tofutti on top of the scramble.

The next day, being the only one in the house which enjoys the tofu scramble, I made some breakfast burritos and put sour cream, salsa, an black olives all over it. It was so good, I am making another batch of scramble just for the burritos again.




1 comment:

The Voracious Vegan said...

Breakfast for dinner, I love it. And biscuits and gravy, YES! That plate is making me so hungry right now!