Monday, July 7, 2008

Peach Cobbler and Incredible Salad

Okay, so pictured above is the peach cobbler that I made for the 5th of July(ha-ha). I originally made the recipe from VwaV, but neither Joey nor I liked the topping very much. So I decided to redo it with some extra peaches and put my own recipe for a crust on top, and it was so good!!! I would recommend if you are from the south, trying a different top crust. Mine is as follows:

1 cup of flour(I used unbleached white)


1 1/2 tsp. of baking soda


1/4 + 1 Tbs. sugar (I used natural cane sugar)


1/4 cup of vegetable or canola oil


2/3 cup of almond milk


1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract


This is just the crust recipe. Mix the dry ingredients together and in a seperate bowl mix the wet. Add the wet to the dry, mixing the ingredients. Be sure not to over mix or batter will be heavier.




And I know everyone has a salad picture on their blog, but my friend introduced me to the incredible soy feta and I had to have it on a salad. It tastes so close to real feta, I could eat it every day. It's just a salad mix with fresh bell peppers, tomatoes, black olives and tons of soy feta crumbled on top. With the ranch dressing listed below, I was making such noises, I was almost concerned with what the neighbors thought.

2 comments:

Bianca said...

Hey! Sorry I've been neglecting your blog. I'm apparently a retard because I thought I added you to my link list...but I guess I forgot too. I just realized I've been missing out. I'm adding you now.

BTW, that soy feta is the shit!

Anonymous said...

Whoa - that peach cobbler looks so freakin' good. And doncha just love the soy feta?

Sorry I wasn't able to hang out with you last night. I felt bad about plans changing last minute - I hope you're not mad? Oh, and thanks for saying I don't look retarded in the CA photo :)

I will talk to you soon!