Thursday, July 10, 2008

Due to a Series of Unfortunate Events....

Due to a series of unfortunate, though not completely unfunny, set of events. My oven has seen fit to up and die on me. I never have understood the "up and died", saying from the south, but since I still live here I might as well use it. How do you up and die? Anyway, since cooking is my main therapy for stress, I have been going insane. So I decided tonight to use my little tiny toaster oven to make some Blackberry Muffins. I followed the recipe from the VeganCrunk blog, whom had the link on her blog for the recipe. Really, really good muffins, though I would recommend tasting your blackberries first for the level of tartness. Mine were a little too tart and could have used some extra sugar to balance it out. But still really goood.
And, after hearing and reading so many positive reviews on Teese, I ordered some and just when I thought I could wait no longer, it arrived. There should have been a royal procession musical intro when it arrived and I first bit into a piece of..................how do you describe something that tastes and feels and looks so close to real cheese that it could be? Oh, yeah, TEESE!!! If you have not tried this yet, why are you waiting???? I waited so long and now am kicking myself in the ass for not buying it earlier. The real test was going to be how it melted, Joey, not wanting to wait till the oven was working again, decided to surprise me with bread, pizza sauce, fresh tomato's and the awe-inspiring Teese. It MELTS!! Truly melts. Now for some real pizza.............as soon as the oven's working that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm sorry your oven is broken, sweetie! I really don't know what I would do if mine 'up and died'! Kick your landlord's ass until they come fix it!

I'm so glad the Teese is good! The bread pizza and blackberry muffins look yummy!

Bianca said...

Yea for Teese! I'm so glad you finally got some. Isn't it miraculous?!

And glad the muffins worked in the toaster oven...those are so tasty. I've gotta buy that My Sweet Vegan book...sorry your oven up and died.