Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm Working on Blogging More!! Promise

I need to be posting more of the stuff I am cooking these days!! I will attempt to keep up with it better in the future. I can't promise anything for the next few days, because my Mother in law is in the hospital for the fourth time in four weeks, so I will try to get back to our regularly scheduled programming as soon as possible.



I have a confession to make to the world!!! I am a second hand and thrift store junkie!! There, I said it. Wow, what a relief to finally let that out of the closet. Pictured below are the most recent, incredibly unique(I think), newest editions to my little kitchen. I love the design in the middle, and how it almost looks like an eye is looking out, and at one dollar a piece, they were a great bargain!!





I am testing some recipes for a magazine, and this was one of my first picks. It is a Zucchini bread, I found it has a little too much sugar for my taste, but other than that it was very moist and flavorful.
I made the Banana Split brownies from Vwav, this week and pictured below is how they turned out. I find them very moist and rich, and they really taste like a banana split. Joey offered the suggestion of some sort of strawberry topping to really make it taste like the banana splits he enjoyed in his earlier years. I was concerned because the batter did not fill the pan very much, and I was concerned about flat brownies. However, it seems that my fears were unnecessary as you can see from the picture on the bottom. My neighbors are going to enjoy some of these I hope.



1 comment:

Bianca said...

I didn't even know there were Banana Split Brownies in there! Those sound freakin' awesome! Yea! And love the plates.