Saturday, July 19, 2008

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't have made all of this

So pictured on the right are the promised(though shitty) pics of the citrus bars. Which I will post a modified recipe for soon, they were not quite perfect and I want to tweak them just a little. And I didn't think that the baking bug would bite me for a little while, but for reasons unknown, I awoke wanting to experiment with some chocolate chip cookies, I tried the recipe from vegan-recipes-alive.com. I changed the 1 cup of vegan margarine to 1/2 cup of margarine and 1/2 cup of Earth Balance shortening sticks. They may not be the best looking, but, DAMN!!! They tasted like the real thing. I probably should have remembered my promise to myself, that I would never again make chocolate chip cookies when I am home alone, and I am not even going to confess how many ate. (Not as many as I thought though!!) These are definitely going in my "keeper", recipes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaahhhh!!! I have missed baking this week! Those chocolate chip cookies look awesome. I'm sorry you were sick - I hope you're feeling better now.

I got my new oven today! Yay! Also, I went to Rococo Salon and got my hair cut! Marian was booked for forever, so I went to Heather. I love it! It's not really shorter, but she thinned it out a lot and it lays so much better now! I'm going back Monday to get some base color too... I finally gave in.

Also, Marian said she forgot to give you your touchup color when you were there, so she gave it to me to bring to you. Let me know when would be a good time for me to bring it over - I miss you!