Sunday, July 20, 2008

Don't Drink & Drive! Drink & Bake!!!!

Sorry that there will be no posting of the incredible lemon-blueberry muffins that I created tonight. It had been a really long night, and after having several stiff gin and tonics, I meandered into the kitchen with a creative recipe forming in my head. Back in my younger and heavier days, I used to love stopping by the store and picking up one of the Hostess blueberry muffins, I loved the crumb topping on top. I would never eat one of those again, so I tried to recreate the recipe from memory and I think I came pretty damn close!! And yes, I did have the presence of mind to write the recipe down, and I will post the recipe and pic later.

We made a trip to the Memphis Farmer's Market downtown, and cleaned up on a surplus of tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, okra, red bell peppers, peaches, and my favorite thing this week: Organic blueberries!!! I was eating them as I was making the muffins.

3 comments:

Bianca said...

Aw man! I'm jealous! I missed the farmer's market this weekend cause I was out of town. Now I don't have fresh produce this week... :-(

jessy said...

aaaaaahahahaa - awesome! man, i am no good at cooking when drinkyfaced - this is a talent i need to develop, for sure! i look forward to the recipe and you should totally post your farmer's market booty, too! mmmmmmmmmm - i can't wait for lemon-blueberry awesomeness!

oh, and i nominated you for a webblog award! :D so just check out happyveganface for all the fun details! w00t!

Bianca said...

Hey! I'm passing you the Brillante Weblog Award! Hit up my blog to pick it up. Then, if you want, display it on your blog. Then share the wealth by passing to 7 of your favorite blogs!