Friday, July 11, 2008

See what happens when I stress out?

To me, there is just something about baking/cooking which helps alleviate stress. Although I usually end up spending more time working out, just to burn the calories from all the goodies! My oven was repaired today, thank God above!! And just in the nick of time. It's been a long week, and I am hoping with the arrival of the weekend, things will look up.

Pictured below are what I decided to bake tonight. I began with the cake, it is the Banana Split cupcake recipe from VctotW, with the Elvis variation. One of the yummiest things I baked recently were those Elvis cupcakes, and I have been craving them again, but not as cupcakes. So I just did one and a half recipes of the banana cupcakes, baked them in cake pans and made a double batch of peanut butter icing. I wish I had something to decorate the top with, like some chocolate pieces or some banana chips. I will post a photo of the inside when I cut it.

Once I had that in the oven and the icing made, I still wasn't ready to leave the kitchen quite yet. So I decided to whip up a half batch of the Cookies and Cream cupcakes, also from VctotW. They turned out pretty, but once again, my photography could use steadier hands for a better picture. They are really good, but I still think my favorite are the Elvis cupcakes.






4 comments:

The Chubby Vegetarian said...

a vegan with a sweet tooth. who'd a thunk it? your desserts look wonderful. I really like the elvis c.c. looks awesome.

jessy said...

yummah! i love all your goodies - they look super stellar! i too bake/cook when i'm stressed. makes me feel sooooo much better (and much more in control, too.). hoooooooray for tasty yummies!

Bianca said...

Aw, I've so been wanting to try those cookies and cream cupcakes! Those are on my next-time-there-an-occasion-to-make-cupcakes list.

See ya tomorrow at Safari Tapas Bar, I hope!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Cooking is therapeutic to me too! Your results look delicious.